Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
After installing 1.4:
[aurelius:~] jpk% innotop
"our" variable $VERSION masks earlier declaration in same scope at /usr/local/bin/innotop line 930.
Hope this helps,
Jan Pieter Kunst
This seems to be a Mac OSX-specific issue. I'll try to get my wife to let me take over one of her Mac machines and see if I can reproduce and fix it. How did you install innotop?
According to the instructions in INSTALL, i.e.:
% perl Makefile.PL
% sudo make install
Strangely enough, I just installed innotop on another machine and there it works without problems. Both machines are running Mac OS X 10.4.8 PPC.
Is there any difference between /usr/local/bin/innotop on the two machines?
I can't find a Mac machine to test on, so if anyone else has ideas or wants to test, that would be great.
It turns out that there were lots of differences between the two scripts. Something must have gone wrong during install, though I have no idea what.
I manually copied the working /usr/local/bin/innotop over, plus its ~/.innotop config file, and now it works on both machines.
I noticed that the program identifies itself as "This is innotop version 0.1.149, a MySQL and InnoDB monitor", though. I'm wondering if I'm actually using 1.4.
Well, probably not. The modification date of /usr/local/bin/innotop is months in the past. There is another 'innotop' in /usr/bin/ with today's date, and that seems to be version 1.4.
I copied /usr/bin/innotop to /usr/local/bin/innotop. Now I get this:
Can't exec "cls": No such file or directory at /usr/local/bin/innotop line 2126.
Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /usr/local/bin/innotop line 4179.
That sounds like it thinks it's running on Windows! The 0.1.149 version is quite old, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is some cruft from that installation causing trouble. Try removing both versions completely and re-installing version 1.4.0, and see if that helps. Unfortunately I don't know where it might have installed everything on Mac OSX, but if you run 'make uninstall' it will probably tell you. If you still have the problem with 'cls' after cleaning up and re-installing, we can try some other things.