jpkunst
2007-03-04
2013-04-19
  • jpkunst
    jpkunst
    2007-03-04

After installing 1.4:

[aurelius:~] jpk% innotop
    "our" variable $VERSION masks earlier declaration in same scope at /usr/local/bin/innotop line 930.
    [aurelius:~] jpk%

Hope this helps,
    Jan Pieter Kunst

• Baron Schwartz
      Baron Schwartz
      2007-03-04

This seems to be a Mac OSX-specific issue.  I'll try to get my wife to let me take over one of her Mac machines and see if I can reproduce and fix it.  How did you install innotop?

• jpkunst
      jpkunst
      2007-03-04

According to the instructions in INSTALL, i.e.:

% perl Makefile.PL
      % sudo make install

Strangely enough, I just installed innotop on another machine and there it works without problems. Both machines are running Mac OS X 10.4.8 PPC.

JPK

• Baron Schwartz
      Baron Schwartz
      2007-03-04

Is there any difference between /usr/local/bin/innotop on the two machines?

I can't find a Mac machine to test on, so if anyone else has ideas or wants to test, that would be great.

• jpkunst
      jpkunst
      2007-03-04

It turns out that there were lots of differences between the two scripts. Something must have gone wrong during install, though I have no idea what.

I manually copied the working /usr/local/bin/innotop over, plus its ~/.innotop config file, and now it works on both machines.

I noticed that the program identifies itself as "This is innotop version 0.1.149, a MySQL and InnoDB monitor", though. I'm wondering if I'm actually using 1.4.

JP

• jpkunst
      jpkunst
      2007-03-04

Well, probably not. The modification date of /usr/local/bin/innotop is months in the past. There is another 'innotop' in /usr/bin/ with today's date, and that seems to be version 1.4.

I copied /usr/bin/innotop to /usr/local/bin/innotop. Now I get this:

Can't exec "cls": No such file or directory at /usr/local/bin/innotop line 2126.
      Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /usr/local/bin/innotop line 4179.

JP

• Baron Schwartz
      Baron Schwartz
      2007-03-05

That sounds like it thinks it's running on Windows!  The 0.1.149 version is quite old, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is some cruft from that installation causing trouble.  Try removing both versions completely and re-installing version 1.4.0, and see if that helps.  Unfortunately I don't know where it might have installed everything on Mac OSX, but if you run 'make uninstall' it will probably tell you.  If you still have the problem with 'cls' after cleaning up and re-installing, we can try some other things.