From: Thomas Worthington <thomas@te...> - 2009-10-03 12:43:10
In SVN 27277 (Gentoo Linux) there is still the problem that some font
styles are selectable in the dialog box but do not display in the actual
To see this in action, one needs a font like Helvetica Neue installed:
1. Select "Thin" as the style; the sample changes to something that looks
pretty much like a thin version of the font.
2. Click on "Apply"; the style changes to "Ultra-light", the sample
display changes to this new style, as does the actual on-the-page text
3. Re-select "Thin"; the example text changes once more to the thin style.
4. Re-apply; the dialog box ignores this, apparently thinking that this is
the style already in use. The sample text remains thin but the text object
is not changed.
5. Close dialog.
6. Re-open the dialog (keeping the text object selected); the style is
listed as "Ultra-Light" but we appear to be back at the state represented
by point 3, not that represented by step 1.
That's about all I've got and it is font-dependant in that the styles
available differ from font to font, so for Futura the issue shows up for
the style Medium (which changes to Bold on application), while Frutiger
switches Ultra-heavy to just plain Heavy.
The really odd bit is that the font dialog has no obvious problem
displaying these styles.