1. Move "File->Inkscape Preferences" to "Edit->Preferences"
This seems to be the preferred location in the Gnome HIG http://developer.gnome.org/hig-book/3.4/menus-standard.html.en
2. Move "Edit->Clone" to "Object->Clone"
Does this make more sense, since we are really cloning objects ?
3. Split View menu (including Show/Hide submenu) into 2 menus
- View (UI "decorating" the main view) and Window (dockable dialogs)
View->Status Bar ... etc
4. Merge "File->Document Metadata" into "File->Document Properties"