Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

No Fedora Core Support...

2005-07-29
2012-10-08
  • Winston Ojeda
    Winston Ojeda
    2005-07-29

After complaining about not having libgc and give it just that, now I get this:
    inkscape: symbol lookup error: inkscape: undefined symbol: g_option_error_quark

Will trying to compile the source be worth it or will it be a waste of my time????

• A number of people have reported this same problem.

I think there may have been an error in how the rpm packages were created.

Due to this and a few other issues people have encountered, we will be releasing a 0.42.1 version within a week or so, so stay tuned.

Meanwhile, if you're anxious to try 0.42, you might be able to get it built from source. I don't know how hard that would be, but we haven't had many complaints about building from source, so that is a good sign.

Bryce

• Winston Ojeda
      Winston Ojeda
      2005-08-02

Thank you for trying to help.
      I did spend some time on compiling the source. Over and hour work by the time I had everything I needed.

My reward?

glibc detected free(): invalid pointer: 0x08e2b650 ***
      Emergency save activated!
      Emergency save completed. Inkscape will close now.
      If you can reproduce this crash, please file a bug at www.inkscape.org
      with a detailed description of the steps leading to the crash, so we can fix it.

Even the viewer seg faults with its own example files.

As any good OpenSource supported would, I did what it sugests. I filed the bug report only to find out it was reported back in May and it hasn't even been assigned yet. It is bug #1248399.

This is as far as I am prepared to go for now. I can see this project has a long way to go still. Maybe I'll revisit it next year.

thanks anyways,

• Charles Hakari
      Charles Hakari
      2005-08-03

Try the package at:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/

This package works on both of my systems.