Ink2Text Library not found: jnidispatch (/com

Help
Anonymous
2012-03-28
2013-04-29

• Anonymous
    2012-03-28

When running the ship client I get:
    Ink2Text Library not found: jnidispatch (/com/sun/jna/linux-i386/libjnidispatch.so) not found in resource path
    which seems to be a common error for some people.

I've installed jna and could look to locate libjnidispatch.so on my system etc.. HOWEVER I am wondering which or what of  ship and it's dependencies, eg:jna,  is looking for libjnidispatch.so in the first place?

Is it ship itself? jna.jar? platform.jar ?

I ask since if I and others knew this we may be better able to set any appropriate environment variable or edit any appropriate configuration file to assure the proper locating of libjnidispatch.so by 'whomever'.

Thanks.

• Anonymous
    2012-03-28

Note my jna pre install (~build) contains a src/com/sun/jna… libjnidispatch.so and other files.
    These are not moved by my system's installer to  /com/sun/jna…
    Again, I could simply move them there and ship would most likely work.
    However, again, knowing which ship (or maybe ink2text server?)  component is looking for libjnidispatch.so
    I could, and would prefer, to point that component in the right direction.
    Thanks again.

• steve paesani
    steve paesani
    2012-04-04

I created /com/sun/ and copied over the jna folder which gives me /com/sun/jna/linux-i386/libjnidispatch.so

But then:
    $ ./ship
    Passed new Ink2Text()
    Ink2Text Library not found: jnidispatch (/com/sun/jna/linux-i386/libjnidispatch.so) not found in resource path
    InkServerURL is http://192.168.56.251/TabletPC/MSInkService.rem
    Using xmlrpc client:  org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient@195df2f

resource path being ???

• steve paesani
    steve paesani
    2012-04-08

I got the answer from an Archlinux AUR package maker. The jna PKGBUILD author to be precise.
    How so very simple:
    libjnidispatch.so is in platform.jar
    the /com/sun path conveyed in the err message is relative to the jar and not the system's root.
    Thus it seems that to resolve the error one needs to assure that platform.jar is in the  CLASSPATH.
    Testing……..