The main change of the 2.3 release is a new session start algorithm. For that, all sessions are presorted according to start timestamp in Preprocessing. With the assumption of presorted sessions, the next-session-to-start-search in playbacks main thread becomes extremely simple. :)
Hence, the performance overhead in playbacks main thread goes down to almost nothing!
Other new features:
- ETA calculation
- Human readable timestamps... read more
The Preprocessing tool no longer requires the mono framework. It will now run natively on any Linux as a self-contained binary with no dependencies. The 2.1.16 and 2.2.12 packages have been re-released with native Linux binaries. The old generic Preprocessing binary is still present in the sub folder Preprocessing-generic.
- All: Change of PSF format to allow dynamic Database ID replacement
- All: Introduction of groups and roles as specified in SC930(3)
- Playback: Fix for inaccurate file seek (Ian)
- Playback: Fix for statistics lock on Windows (Ian)
- Preprocessing: Fix EndOfStream bug
- Preprocessing: Disabled Input buffer. Not working properly.
- Playback: Burst read to reduce open file handles
- Playback: Fix for buffer overrun on multiple input lines
- Playback: Removed Peter's monitoring tables as they don't really belong
- Playback: Code beautifications... read more