Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Controller for Directors Cut

Help
Ivan
2013-02-02
2013-04-25
  • Ivan
    Ivan
    2013-02-02

Hi,
    I've got an idea to try to build some kind a hardware controler for Directors Cut so i'm thinking to implement Arduino with hardware buttons to switch between cameras while recording. So basically I'm asking for help or if you can point me in right direction regarding quartz Ethernet protocol or some resource where I can find specs. If there any possibilities it would be quite useful or even there's a chance to make iPad app to control Arduino witch can control camera angles while recording..
    Just an idea.. Any help appreciated.
    And by the way, did you guys update Player Directors Cut with making decision cuts to main database or it's still making old style database..
    Best, Ivan

• John Fletcher
    John Fletcher
    2013-02-07

You can see the protocol we use by looking at quartzRouter.cpp file

First we send ".01#\r" and expect reply ".A\r" to check router is connected.
    Then query each destination by sending e.g. ".IV2\r" to check destination 2.
    Expect replies such as "AV002,003\r" meaning destination 2 is fed from source 3.
    Each switch generates a message as above.

No, we didn't update player; it only writes to old-style database file.