We are happy to release version 2.2.ALPHA.1 of InfraRED. Main features of this release are:
* Presistence of collected data in a database; an in-process HSQLDB will be used for persistence by default.
* Ability to track arbitarary context (beyong method calls and sql executions). An API is provided to write newer contexts and aspects.
* Ability to load data from database and view it in the GUI
* Easier installation
* Ability to track JSP and Hibernate query execution times
* Support for hierarchical and absolute layers
* Modified the ant task considerably
* Uses AspectWerkz more. The recommended aspect system now is AspectWerkz with load-time weaving.
* No need to setup P6Spy pool connection now
A beta is expected by the first week of January. The beta release will be tested more for performance and stability.