I have a question and maybe a suggestion about the Zip version.
when we use it, after the first running, 2 files are created (Devices and Settings.xml).
The problem is with the "absolute path" in settings.xml because roots are changing to differents PC and when you want to change the language there is a pb :
Is it exist something to put a "relative path" (without the roots letter of usb stick)
(If is it not the case, i think it will be good to think about for futures version...)
It work for me too
I can confirm a problem with the language file. I downloaded the "Zip archive (portable version, 3.46 MiB)".
Every time I run <i>InfraRecorder.exe</i> and change the language to german, it works fine only in this application. In <i>irExpress.exe</i> the language is still "English". In this case you can this entry in the [i]Settings.xml[/i]:
If you change the <i>settings.xml</i> in the following way, <i>irExpress.exe</i> appears in German, but <i>InfraRecorder.exe</i> uses the default language (English):
I hope you understand this problem and please excuse my English.
I try with german and i can't reproduce your pb !
I put it in German (with infrarecorder), I close & run irExpress and it was in german ...
I test with "Zip archive (Windows 2000/XP, 3.86 MiB : v0.44.1.0)", but like you say "3.46 MiB", i think we haven't the same version, your is for "Windows 9x/ME" ...
But i see a new version, so i'm going to try...
Thank you very much for your reply.
I am using this version: 0.45 - Zip archive (portable version, 3.46 MiB).
You can download it from here for example:
In this version (0.45 - portable) exists the problem I mentioned above.
Sorry Narrethey, my mistake
With the latest version I have the same problem for french...
IRexpress don't take the language information.
And the problem for relative path of language is half regulated "<LanguageFile>French.irl</LanguageFile> :-)".
Half, because "Devices and Settings.xml" are in the system directory (docs & settings) and not in the InfraRecorder directory like the previous version.
and please excuse my English too...
No problem for Devices and Settings.xml locations with [potable version 0.45.0.0], sorry.
(I wouldn't test several version at the same time...!)
There is only a little bug for the language of IrExpress.
A admin can edit the post [portable version] relative path for language [regulated] and maybe move the discussion in a new topic for IrExpress'language...
Copy InfraRecorder\Languages\German.irl to InfraRecorder\
Thank you very much for the solution, that you posted above. It works.