From: Niko Schmuck <niko@na...> - 2005-10-02 21:01:34
It was time for a new Informa release, so please welcome version 0.6.5.
The support of the Atom 0.3 news feed syntax has been improved. The
poller and cleaner worker threads are now daemons. Reworked session
locking in HibernateUtil to improve thread-safety. Many more
improvements to the Poller module. There also many small bugs related to
encoding problems fixed. The JDOM library has been updated from b10 to
Special thanks to Aleksey and many other people who contributed to this
IMPORTANT: Please note that any bugfixes to this release (0.6.5) will go
the CVS branch named 'branch-0_6_5'. Eventually there will be a bug-fix
release on this branch, all other development activities will take
place on the CVS HEAD.
==== The detailed ChangeLog for Informa 0.6.5 vs. 0.6.0 ====
o Updated JDOM library from b10 to 1.0
o Fixed bug 1145998 (Encoding not correctly set on writing feed)
Thanks for reporting on this to Felipe Vieira Silva and Filip van
o [adewale@..., 01-May-2005] Fix for blogs (msdn) which have
'created' dates, but not 'issued' dates in clear contravention of
the Atom 0.3 spec (Atom 0.3 Parser).
o Changes by Aleksey Gureev (BlogBridge Team):
- Added recognition of content type for Atom tags 'title',
'copyright', 'content' and 'summary'. Title and copyright are
returned in plain text.
Content / summary are preferred in HTML format. Content tag
is preferred source of entry (item) description.
- Added support of <content:encoded> tag for RSS1.0 and RSS2.0.
- Added support of muliple links in entries of Atom feed with
different types. The one to be put in item object is selected
using the order of type preference (currently it's set to
'text/html', then 'text/plain' then others.
- Added support for another date format met at
http://www.jnsk.se/weblog: "Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:02 +0100".
- Made poller and cleaner worker threads be daemons.
- Reverted equals() matching methods to perform minimum comparisons
for all implementations of ChannelIF and ItemIF (others don't have
- Reworked Poller and Cleaner to process tasks basing on simple
blocking queue, which is significantly more simple and reliable.
- Added items scanning policies to Poller to control how it looks
for the new items:
POLICY_SCAN_ALL - Scan all items (default)
POLICY_SKIP_AFTER_EXISTING - Stop scanning once existing item
- Fixed problems with orphan guide available after successful
- Added Poller construction method with custom HTTP user-agent.
- Added support for custom SAX2 Drivers in FeedParser.
- Reworked session locking in HibernateUtil to improve thread-safety.
- Added callback interface InputSourceProviderIF to convert feed's
InputStream before parsing, which is useful for pre-processing the
data before it gets into parser.
- Converting case of tags' names to expected before feeds parsing.
- Poller Module: Channels can be scheduled for polling with initial
delay different from zero.
- Poller Module: Added stream providing hook to create non-default
InputStream for feed fetching.
- Added detection of Atom 0.1-0.3 to FormaDetector.
- Fix for invalid TTL format parsing in RSS 2.0.
- Fix for parsing of Atom feeds without version attribute (v0.3 is
- Added support for correct CDATA handling in the fields of Atom
(title, description, copyright, or whatever).
- Integrated minor Hibernate + Channel/Item URL's fix by Scott