I have replaced Berkeley Db with Sqlite.
Reasons are twofold:
(a) There is very little documentation on
Berkeley Db and hence the code is very
prone to error.
(b) Berkeley requires 2.5 Mb for 50,000
records on two fields; Sqlite requires only
1.4 Mb for 50,000 records on three fields
At the moment there are no releases yet,
but if you would like the source code, let
I am making progress, albeit slowly, as I have spent
the last 2 days to start writing code for the Berkeley Db
(www.sleepycat.com). I had minor success in writing
and reading from the Db using put and get functions
Although it may appear easy, however the Dbt struct
is new to me and I may have to find out more about
how the Dbt struct works.