Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Want to use inavier

gonski
2007-02-24
2013-04-08
  • gonski
    gonski
    2007-02-24

Hi, zxaar

I keep finding a chance to study LES, it is there. it is really exciting. But a couple of questions are here before my starting the realted work, I would appreciate your help.

1, it sovles imcompssible or compressible flow?

2, is it possible for you to redirect us to your papers and thesis to understand theories in isnavier?

3, How about Inavier's capability in handling complex geometry with LES and without LES?

BTW: will the code be personally maitained? or it belongs to the outcome of your search group, thus updated by a research team?

Cheers,
    Gonski

• iNavier
      iNavier
      2007-02-24

Dear Gonski,

Its very late in night when i seen your post, so I will write reply tomorrow.
      sorry man for keep you waiting.
      Arjun

• gonski
      gonski
      2007-02-25

Something is new to me is the segrated method? what is its virtues? would you please recommend me some papers about is?

there only three turbulent models in the current version? k-omega, subgrid les and SA-DES
      so queries come up. 1) subgrid les is already there? but you said you would add it to inavier 2) what do you mean SA-DES? it is a kind of rng-des model? How about other tubulent model as list in your website?

Since INavier handle fluent 6.2 based mesh, it is a flow solver based on polyhedral meshes?

GaussSeidel is served as the solver of linear equations? How about the speed of inavier vs. Fluent? Should inavier empoly other solvers like conjugate gradient base method in laspack?

Sorry for too much trouble. I would appreciate you could give me a clear picture of inavier before I go further.

Best regards,
      Gonski

• iNavier
      iNavier
      2007-02-25

could you give me your email, i will send you the details from manuals.

and since iNavier is fluent 6.2 based solver, it does not support the polyhedrals since 6.2 format mesh does not have it.
      However internally its not so difficult to transfer it to support polyhderals. I just did not get time enough to do so. Fluent 6.3 has just been launched.
      I will add it first thing when I start to modify for the next version in may.

Arjun

• gonski
      gonski
      2007-02-26

hi, arjun
      I have sent you a email, do you get it?

• iNavier
      iNavier
      2007-02-26

i got very very busy with office work. Today I will reply.

• mdmk
      mdmk
      2007-06-16

is it possible for you to redirect us to your papers and thesis to understand theories in isnavier?
      mdmk27@yahoo.com