Menu

64bit binaries

salbeitee
2013-05-26
2016-09-03
  • salbeitee

salbeitee - 2013-05-26

Hi, I tried the program on Windows 7 64bit but it requires a 64bit binary. Could you build a 64bit version for windows? Thanks.

• Bryan Hoover

Bryan Hoover - 2013-05-26

Sorry, no. 

It should be a relatively simple matter to compile such for yourself - MS has free compiler versions that should work.

I'd be happy to help you with any problems you may have - we could essentially build a step by step tutorial in the help forum here, if you like.

In a nutshell, the tutorial would consist of:

1.  Getting, installing MS 64 bit capable compiler.

2.  Installing MS SDK for given OS version.

3.  Creating a new console project in MS 64 bit capable compiler environment, and adding to this project, the inadyn-mt source, and header files.

4.  Setting MS 64 bit capable compiler environment linker, include, etcetera options via relevant options dialogs.

5.  Compile, and you're done.

• Mast B.

Mast B. - 2016-09-03

If I may (and I know i'm 3 years late) but a developer who offers binaries could help users a little more than that and make his code more accessible/popular ... why not provide a 64bit windows binary? Also, your instructions are cryptic for a beginner.

In any case, I compiled your code using cygwin (after installing all dependencies). Whoever is interested can get it here: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/w9bdzqn93748396/inadyn-mt-win64.zip

However, the -i option mentioned in the README doesn't work. It says:

Sat Sep 3 01:11:12 2016: W:GETCMD: Invalid option name at position 2 ('-i')

The help from inadyn-mt -h also doesn't show -i. Any clues?

• Bryan Hoover

Bryan Hoover - 2016-09-03

Windows version 02.28.05 regress bug - the -i option - and Windows service short options in general.

It's addressed, along with freedns.afraid.org alias token fetching, in a patch which I'll make available in just a sec.

Thanks for the catch Mast B.