From: Andreas Oesterhelt <oes@oe...> - 2002-04-13 15:27:11
This is to let you know that version 2.9.14 (beta) is available
for download on
Common platform for the testdrive
*** Version 2.9.14 Beta ***
- Fix Solaris compile problem (gateway.h and filters.h)
- Makefile fixes for Solaris, FreeBSD (?)
- Fix build failure where certain features were disabled.
- 'blocked-compact' template is removed. Various CGI
improvements, including an adaptive 'blocked' template.
- Various tweaks for actions file to get ready for stable
- Included a 'Bookmarklet' and PHP scripts for reporting
actions file problems via web interface at privoxy.org.
Accessed via internal CGIs.
- Include cgi-style.css for templates.
- #include mechansim for common text in templates
- Various other minor fixes.
We would like to take this opportunity to abuse the announce list
and append a call for volunteers for your consideration:
After a long phase of alpha and beta snapshots, we are finally getting
very close to a stable 3.0 release.
While many months of development have gone into making Privoxy a modern
piece of software, the rules in the current actionsfile still largely stem
from the ancient Junkbuster block file. Many of its rules are derived from
sites which have long since become web history.
For the upcoming 3.0 release we therefore need a new, efficient and lean
actions file to start from. And this is where we need YOUR HELP!
We need volunteers who will take Privoxy out on a testdrive covering the
300 (supposedly) most popular websites and report banners that were not
blocked, innocent images that were blocked, broken functionality and any
other quirks resulting from the use of Privoxy.
If you are interested in helping us, please see
for further information. You would make the whole development team
very happy if you took the time to check out a package of 10 websites
Thank you very much in advance,
--The Privoxy team