JPEG2000 with ICC Profile

Help
Anonymous
2014-02-12
2014-06-25

• Anonymous
    2014-02-12

Hi Ruven and all,

I have a question regarding JPEG2000 images with ICC Profiles.

Does IIPServer is capable of converting the color space of the JPEG tiles by applying ICC Profiles ?

I saw on features list that IIPServer unterstands sRGB and in the source code there is an ICC.cc file, but i'm not sure about his aim.

• Ruven
    Ruven
    2014-02-13

At the moment, IIPImage handles things like CIELAB color spaces, but not arbitrary ICC profiles. The ICC code is only a stub at the moment and will eventually handle ICC profiles using the littlecms library.

• Hytmo
    Hytmo
    2014-02-17

Hi Ruven,

Thanks for your quick reply. Can you confirm/answer the following points please :
    1- ICC.cc is able to transform an image thanks to littlecms,
    2- To do this, he needs the adress pointer to the ICC profile included with the image file. But at this moment, there is no implementation able to do that in IIPServer.
    3- An implementation would need to find that adress pointer. Does Kakadu/LibTiff has these kind of information ?
    4- Do you plan to implement theses features in next months ?

Last edit: Hytmo 2014-02-17
  • Ruven
    Ruven
    2014-02-17

Yes, it is possible to extract the ICC profile from JPEG2000 and TIFF. Once properly implemented, the ICC code within the IIPImage Server will take this and transform the image. Yes, my plan is indeed to implement this sometime over the next few months.

• Hytmo
    Hytmo
    2014-02-17

Thanks again for your nice and quick reply. I'll look forward to play with this functionnality ! Will you need some help to implement this ?

• Hytmo
    Hytmo
    2014-02-17

Thanks again for your nice and quick reply. I'll look forward to play with this functionnality ! Will you need some help to implement this ?

• Hytmo
    Hytmo
    2014-06-25

Hi Ruven ! Hope you're doing well :)
    Is there any update for this functionnality ?
    I'll need this for a personnal project in september, so I will certainly try to implement this during the summer if you didn't start. Maybe we can share ideas about the best way to do this ?

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments