Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Multi-page tif file support?

Help
lem8
2009-02-18
2012-10-06
  • lem8
    lem8
    2009-02-18

I have a tif file which has two pages inside, and when i try to view it, i get the next message: "Error parsing image data".

IIPImage server supports multi-page tif files or only simple tif files? Can i do that?

Thanks

• Ruven
      Ruven
      2009-02-18

Images need to be converted to tiled multi-resolution TIFF format for use by IIPImage. Although, multi-resolution TIFF's use the multi-page directory structure. it should be possible to have a TIFF that is both multi-resolution and multi-page. However, IIPImage is unable to handle this, so you should split your TIFF into 2 separate files.

• lem8
      lem8
      2009-02-18

I splited the tiff file in two separates tiif files, but i get the same message "Error parsing image data". I have a lot of images (tiff an jpeg too), is there any way to convert this tiff files in tiled multi-resolution TIFF format automatically??

Thanks

• Ruven
        Ruven
        2009-02-19

You can convert a whole directory by some simple scripting. For example with bash, do something like:

for file in original_tiffs/*.tif ; do vips im_vips2tiff $file converted_tiffs/$file:deflate,tile:256x256,pyramid ; done

If you are on Windows you can do this via cygwin. Something similar should also be possible using native Windows scripting

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments