Again problems with certain JPEG2000 files

Help
Markus
2014-07-08
2014-07-28
  • Markus
    Markus
    2014-07-08

I have a problem again with specific JPEG2000 files. I can open them in other applications, but I have problems with IIP Image Server and MooViewer. I am sorry to bother you again, but could you have a look at this file? It seems to be a problem again with binary images. However, we build our image server from the latest sources, so there should be a fix for this kind of images.

Last edit: Markus 2014-07-08
    Attachments
  • Ruven
    Ruven
    2014-07-17

The problem is that the image header seems to say it has 3 bands, whereas in reality it is a 1 bit image which only has 1 band. How exactly did you generate this image?

• Markus
    Markus
    2014-07-18

The images that we create ourselves work fine, but these images we received from a partner. I asked for their settings and will post them once I receive them. In the meantime, is there a way to fix this ourselves by overwriting the metadata for example? We have not much knowledge with images in general, so any advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you!

• Ruven
    Ruven
    2014-07-18

The image is probably malformed. However, you say that it can be opened correctly with other software, so I've just uploaded a fix to github which allows iipsrv to work with these images also. Please try it out and tell me whether it works correctly on all your problem images.

• Markus
    Markus
    2014-07-18

Thank you very much!!!

It works now with these images as well.

• Ruven
    Ruven
    2014-07-18

Make sure it still works with your older 1 bit images!

• Ruven
    Ruven
    2014-07-24

Yes, I'll see if I can rescale further. And did you manage to get any feedback about encoding parameters?

• Markus
    Markus
    2014-07-28

Thank you very much!

I asked them about there settings, but haven't heard back yet. I will come back to you as soon as I know more.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments