Some questions...

LeonardoC
2007-08-02
2012-10-06
  • LeonardoC
    LeonardoC
    2007-08-02

1)I've followed the steps to deploy a server to try the program, and got the error :

"TIFF directory is missing required "TileOffsets" field." on the fastcgi server and o other programs.
    The image was generated by "convert input.tif ptif:output.tif[128x128]".
    What would cause this?

2)There's interest in port the server to java? I've playing with NIO and some advanced stuff, and

your system could fill a blank on a personal project of mine... I could gladly write this.

Thank you.

• Ruven
      Ruven
      2007-08-05

Hi Leonard,

Yes, some versions of imagemagick seem to have problems generating pyramidal TIFFs correctly. Indeed my current installed version even seg faults if I try! Have you tried using vips (http://vips.sf.net) instead?

There is a very old java version of the server. We abandoned java because at the time, TIFF access had to be via a native C library using JNI and it was a little slow. I presume java now has in-built TIFF capability via the JAI etc. Yes, we occasionally get requests for a java version, but I've no idea how much demand there really is for such a thing compared to the current FCGI version. But, if you're willing to write it ... ;-) I can also give you the old code if it's helpful.

Cheers,
      Ruven

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments