iipzoom features

DGSL
2010-03-23
2012-10-06
  • DGSL
    DGSL
    2010-03-23

I am planning to change my default viewer to iipzoom, but I have the feeling
    that I see some pixelation at top zoom levels. Is iipzoom somehow oversizing
    the real image size?
    If this is true, I would like to avoid that if possible. It might be useful
    for some people but in my case users would say there is a bad quality of the
    image (since they don't know they are overzooming). Can I configure the client
    for this?

And some other minor questions:
    - At full screen, some of my buttons stop working (I still can use keyboard to go up/down/left/right, but I can't zoom in/out)
    - At certain viewer sizes (small div or iframe, about 600 px wide or so), the image info (right bottom) goes over the buttons (left bottom) and user can't click them. Don't know how to avoid this (it would be better that buttons go over the text when it is too long).
    - I would also like to add a transparent background to contrast to this image info (text is white, like most of my images background). Is this configurable somehow? (I mean using parameters, not changing source code when it's released)

I would apply this last question (contrasting text over image) to iipmooviewer
    as well.

Thanks a lot for this new viewer Ruven

• DGSL
    DGSL
    2010-03-23

my mistake: I meant "at full screen, some of the KEYBOARD shortcuts stop
    working" (not the buttons)

• Ruven
    Ruven
    2010-03-23

Is iipzoom somehow oversizing the real image size?

In fact yes, iipzoom allows you to zoom to 125%. I will make this configurable
    in the next release.

At full screen, some of my buttons stop working (I still can use keyboard to
    go up/down/left/right, but I can't zoom in/out)

I've noticed this too. Again, this will be fixed in the next version.

At certain viewer sizes (small div or iframe, about 600 px wide or so), the
    image info (right bottom) goes over the buttons (left bottom) and user can't
    click them. Don't know how to avoid this (it would be better that buttons go
    over the text when it is too long).

I think there is a way to specify which layer is above and below.

I would also like to add a transparent background to contrast to this image
    info (text is white, like most of my images background). Is this configurable
    somehow? (I mean using parameters, not changing source code when it's
    released)

Yes, maybe some kind of background would be a good idea to keep it readable.
    Next version ;-)

• DGSL
    DGSL
    2010-03-23

In fact yes, iipzoom allows you to zoom to 125%. I will make this
    configurable in the next release

Thanks Ruven. Anyway, it would be useful to let users see/know the current
    zoom level at any time (or at least when it goes greater than 100%)

Two more questions:

• I open iipzoom viewer in a new browser window (when user clicks on a thumbnail-link), but I would like it to open by default in full screen mode (so the user doesn't even see web browser bars).
      How can I do this?

• I have seen that one of the parameters passed to iipzoom.swf in the example html file is this:
      scale: "noscale"
      Is this a parameter to use in future releases, or does iipzoom already have a
      way to show a metric scale somehow?

Thanks in advance!

• Ruven
    Ruven
    2010-03-26

I would like it to open by default in full screen mode (so the user doesn't
    even see web browser bars).
    How can I do this?

I'm not sure this is possible with flash for security reasons.

I have seen that one of the parameters passed to iipzoom.swf in the example
    html file is this:
    scale: "noscale"
    Is this a parameter to use in future releases, or does iipzoom already have a
    way to show a metric scale somehow?

No, this is a command for flash itself. But I will be adding a scale like in
    IIPMooViewer to future releases of iipzoom.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments