Release 0.0.15 of Idle Server Finder includes client enhancements as well as minor adjustments.
Changes in this release include:
* An alternate configuration file can be indicated via an option to the client.
* A sample configuration file has been added with short explanations of each option.
* The main configuration file, idleserver.conf, is now a YAML formatted file.
* Ignored processes are now defined in the configuration file.
* The ignored_processes_and_children option has been added.
* The ignored_processes_and_children and ignored_processes option now accept the 'ALL' username for ignoring processes regardless of the user.
* The keep_root_processes option has been changed to ignore_root_processes.
* The client now checks potential alternate usernames and truncated process names where applicable-- ps process names are limited to 15 characters due to its use of /proc/pid/stat; ps converts usernames longer than 8 characters to UIDs; last only displays usernames up to their 8th character.
* The parent of the running idleserver client process is automatically ignored.... read more
This release adds an "acknowledged" functionality which can be accessed via the web ui.
All hosts which are "acknowledged" will have their idleness score set to 0 as to fall to the bottom of the client list when sorted by idleness. In addition to this, a "Acknowledged At" column has been added to the clients page in order to sort based on whether or not a host has been acknowledged. Client updates to the idlescore will be ignored for 30 days.