Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Feedback for an external mixer mode

2011-09-24
2013-06-03
  • Rob Andrews
    Rob Andrews
    2011-09-24

Just a thought here, looking for feedback on it.

Was thinking about the the issue of not being able to get jack to work with pulseaudio issues, and a thought dawned on me.

What about setting up IDJC with a hard external mixer mode?

Something that piped Jack similar to this:

Music to line out--->Cheap 30 dollar mixer(like xenyx x502)--> line in--->

Why would this be awesome if I could run something like this out the box?

1) I could use my external plugins to pipe audio from another computer. That means Skype off of second computer into my mixer.  Then I just turn the feed off on my mixer for that computer, or the input when im done.

2) If I was hellbent off running skype on the same comp?  I could pipe pulseaudio on one soundcard, and jack on the other.  Any generic SB audigy card has a line out/in.  Pipe the second cards audio through an external mixer and presto.  Instant easy broadcast bliss.

Maybe I just need to have a little more patience, but I'm pretty dedicated to getting IDJC to run VOIP modes, but every time I try to find my ~/.asoundrc to modify it, and hit the wall.  I really want to figure out this issue, but going a little batty.

• Rob Andrews
    Rob Andrews
    2011-09-25

Im trying to pipe the connection through jack, but no luck.   I get why I got reverb, but haven't really figured out the right way to patch it through jack.  Any thoughts?

• From another machine you should be using NetJack http://netjack.sourceforge.net/

If Pulseaudio is not getting out of the way I see no reason to keep it around. It can be uninstalled.

• Rob Andrews
    Rob Andrews
    2011-09-25

Im gonna try IJDC with A/V Linux ( http://www.bandshed.net/AVLinux.html ) today and see how it all works out.  It appears this version of Deb never got the pulse audio injection out the box.

Netjack Looks Awesome!   I cant wait to try this!  Good call fairchild!  With a program like this, I bet I could virtual Box IDJC set it up so it runs remotely off a Datacenter box. Saves bandwidth, yet I could still broadcast live!