I'm not sure with that release this problem appeared, but I've noticed it in 0.8.12
In the past, I'd always know when listeners were going to experience buffering by the red line growing. When it hit all red and started blinking, buffering.
Now, the red line never appears, but my listeners complain of buffering. I was running IDJC from command line, and there was no indication there either, except it complaining that it was unable to get the listener count (timeout)
I even had one instance where the the stations AutoDJ kicked in (it only does that if there is no stream active) and I still had a full green bar. After about 5 seconds, the red bar appeared, got to about 25% and then I got the popup that the stream had disconnected. The popup happened probably 10-15 seconds after the listeners heard the AutoDJ.
I wish I could give you more info, or a way to reproduce the problem.
My internet connection is satellite (HughesNet) so it does have quite a bit of lag. But I can normally do a show with few problems.