Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

ID3 Tags again

Help
zed77
2004-12-02
2013-04-30
  • zed77
    zed77
    2004-12-02

Hi,

Do ID3 tags work with 0.5.5-pre2? I compiled it with "--with-id3" and have tried with both pls and m3u playlists containing properly formatted mp3s. the only thing I get displayed is the filename.

I would be thankful if someone could direct me where to start searching to get this working.

Thanks for icegenerator.

zed

• Hi.

You have to create a global.mdf file that contains the ID3 (or ID3's sequence) that you want to display. See README.IceMetal file for more details. If you have problems, contact me again.

• zed77
        zed77
        2004-12-02

Hello again,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I've now created a global mdf like this:

LOOP
        PRINT "bla bla"
        PRINT ID3BAND
        PRINT ID3TITLE
        ENDLOOP

With this mfd, the "bla bla" gets displayed correctly, but I don't get the Band and Title information, instead only the "ID3BAND" and "ID3TITLE" strings are displayed in the players information bar.

I am absolutely positive that the mp3 files contain the relevant ID3 tags. Even if I create an mdf containing *all* the 16 ID3 strings listed in readme, none of the information is displayed. When I download one of the mp3s I can see that the fields are populated with information.

Sorry to bother you with this, but I really want to get this working - because Icegenerator is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for your help

zed77

PS: if it helps I can send you more detailed information...

• Sorry for wait, I'm too busy in these days :-(

Maybe there's a bug in parser code (this was an experimental section) ... anyway, I'm just replacing my parsers with a Regular Expression Engine that will solve this issue. In the meanwhile, try to modify MDF (spaces before instructions may help) or avoid using it until next release.

• zed77
            zed77
            2004-12-05

Hi Tony,

Just wanted to let you know that I got it working now. It seems that I had to update my id3lib to the most current version. With that and a fresh compile of icegenerator, ID3 tags are working like a charm.

Thanks for your help - not that everything is working I am definitely a fan of icegenerator.

zed

• zed77
      zed77
      2004-12-05

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply. I've modified my mdf's as you suggested, but still no joy. I guess I will just wait for the next release...

Thanks again!

zed