Hugin version 0.6, a set of tools for panoramic imaging, has been released. Functions for the correction of vignetting and chromatic abberations have been added and multithreaded operation improves the performance on multicore/CPU machines.
Newsworthy changes in 0.6
* updated vigra to version 1.4. All sourcecode of hugin is now
released under approved open source licences. This means there
is no problem with including hugin in debian and ubuntu anymore.
* Copy ICC profiles from input images to output
* Added vignetting correction and brighness correction
Vignetting can be corrected by addition or division.
The correction can be done with a flatfield image or an
* Functionality to estimate the vignetting polynomial
directly from the overlapping images. This is an experimental feature.
* Multithreaded remapping. hugin and nona fully utilize multiple
CPUs or multi core CPUs during preview generation and stitching
* support for dcraw 16 bit .ppm files
* Disabled PTOptimizer progress display on OSX. This should fix
the crashes some people have experienced.
* New command line tool (fulla), for distortion, TCA and vignetting correction.
Can use PTLens database (old format only).
* reorganized GUI layout.
* Czech translation added