From: Pablo d'Angelo <dangelo@us...> - 2007-02-04 20:24:05
Update of /cvsroot/hugin/hugin/mac/ExternalPrograms
In directory sc8-pr-cvs5.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv20498/ExternalPrograms
OSX build system updates (Ippei)
--- NEW FILE: howto.txt ---
(This is for 10.4 or above)
1. Download the source. You typically want to place it in the "ExternalPrograms" folder.
2. Edit ExternalPrograms/scripts/SetEnv-*.txt file appropriately. Especially the myREPOSITORYDIR variable.
3. Open a Terminal window (bash is preferred).
5. 'cd' into the directory of source you want to compile. (eg. cd ExternalPrograms/jpeg-6b)
4. Set the variables for the compilation. (eg. 'source ../scripts/SetEnv-universal.txt')
6. Using the appropriate shell script, build the source. (eg. 'sh ../scripts/libjpeg.sh')
The programs and libraries will be installed into $myREPOSITORYDIR, which you can manage independently from the systems you are currently using (e.g /usr, /usr/local, /opt, /sw). Using symbolic links for example, it is possible to share those libraries to be linked with different versions of hugin.