Goal: frontend for Panorama Tools, similar
to PTAssembler, PTGui or Open for Windows.
hugin can be used to stitch multiple images together. The resulting image can
span 360 degrees. Another common use is the creation of very high resolution
pictures by combining multiple images.
It uses the Panorama Tools (http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~dersch/)
as backend, to create high quality images
1. load images
2. specify initial parameters (lens etc)
3. select control points points.
4. run optimizer to estimate image positions
5. set output parameters and stich images together.
3. might be splitted into
- move pictures to approxmiate positions with mouse
- program should search for corrospondances in overlapping regions.
a completely automatic version would be even better ;)
Knowledge of Panorama Tools is needed to use this.
Good introductions are the tutorials from PTGUI and PTAssembler.
The steps are approximately the same.
Some links to get you started:
Send me a mail if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org