Plugin Disables Mail completely - Weird

Help
meagain
2007-07-31
2013-04-17
  • meagain
    meagain
    2007-07-31

Hi.  I hope someone can help cuz I'm losing it.  I've been running my hotmails fine for 8 months till today when my Mail (OS X ver. 10.4.10) went wacky.  I had to reinvent 'Mail' basically and went to load the plugin.  It loads fine as far as I can tell but cripoles Mail.  When I go to open it, I get the triangle underneath but it doesn't open.  I can't open it at all or close it so the triangle goes away.
    I can only force quit or go to mail's preferences (where I see the accounts).  Mail works fine when I yank this plugin out.

Anyone?

• ElJulian
      ElJulian
      2007-08-09

Hi.. i've the same problem.. Mail Crash, and I cannot close it, only force quit... Mail works if i erase the Bundles folder... i use the universal version 1.49.  What I can do?..

PD: sorry for my english

I Use Mail 2.1.1 - OS 10.4.10 - Mac Mini Core Duo

• Rainystreets
      Rainystreets
      2007-10-13

I've just been battling with this issue and found a solution.

You'll need to reconfigure everything, your entire mail app, however, this worked for me:

Rename the following files/directories and try again:

~/Library/Mail
      ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist
      ~/Library/Preferences/person.djlp.mail.plist

You may lose email so please do what you have to and back everything up!

Then reinstall the latest version of HTTPMail - job done!

• meagain
        meagain
        2007-10-13

Thanks for the instruction.  I'm going to be blowing out my system for Leopard so I'll surely need it.  I did get everything running OK though it's a bit messily setup.   I'll be saving this....  Thank you.

• reinibabs
        reinibabs
        2007-10-20

have same problem,you said ,rename,........with wich name? the same as before?

• flying_2000
      flying_2000
      2007-10-31

Hi,
      I operated my msn premium account with httpmail 1.49 plugin with no problems for the last 8 months under 10.4.10. Now after the update to Leopard, this account has been removed from macmail and it says that the plugin is not compatible with 10.5. Does anybody know if and when an uddate version of httpmail is available, or how this problem is otherwise to be solved?

Thanks