Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

http explorer isn't visible from Internet :(

Martian
2008-06-23
2013-04-29
  • Martian
    Martian
    2008-06-23

I have ADSL modem without any router , it is called : Thomson SpeedTouch 330 this modem is connected to USB in my computer and my Internet Provider gave me external IP which works properly only if Internet connection is not shared in my private lan , but I've bought new computer and I connected them with cross - over Ethernet Cable , when I share the Internet Connection to the second computer in my lan , my external ip doesn't work and http explorer Web Server isn't visible from the Internet because probably when I share my internet without router ports can't be opened , even I turned off windows xp standard built firewalls in my Internet connection and I don't have any firewalls which can block my ports , when my Internet is not shared in my lan external ip works properly , my servers are visible from outside , but when I share my internet connection from adsl external ip doesn't want to work :( and then Http Explorer is not visible from other computer in Internet :(
    This is the situation : ADSL modem Thomson SpeedTouch 330 connected to my pc with USB plug , two computers connected with cross - over ethernet cable with network cards , and on one computer I have connected adsl modem without router which gives me the Internet and I've shared this Internet Connection on my second computer , so probably that is why external ip doesn't want to work properly on both computers and then Http Explorer isn't visible :( , I heard about Nat32 Software Router , but I don't know if it can help me , Thanks for any Help . Greets

• kroman_fr
      kroman_fr
      2008-07-07

Hi!

Sorry for the delay, I'm back from holiday!

There some years, I shared my internet connection with an usb modem too. I remember that I used Winroute lite. Have you tried with this software?

I remember too that I had many problems with this type of sharing and I've resolved them when I bought my physical router.

• Martian
      Martian
      2008-07-11

I heard about that software , is it a proxy server which shares the internet connection on the second computer ? but I couldn't configure it well because I don't understand how this program works , I didn't find any tutorials for my situation in computer , I used Microsoft ICS but when I use it , external ip doesn't want to work , I open their network connection wizard on windows xp and just check the option that this computer is directly connected to the internet , other computer in my network connects to the internet throught this computer , so that computer works like a server ? and can't be turned off , I think I will buy router but I don't to waste my money so I want to choose some good program which will share my internet connection and which will give me external ip on the both computers working properly, I tried this program winroute lite but old version :( and I don't know how to configure it , this is my situation :
      adsl network connection to the Internet with ICS without firewall (that adsl modem) so I am sharing the internet connection on the second computer without software router or hardware router and just with cross - over ethernet cable connected to the both network cards in both computer  and of course in my network settings I Have lan network connection on which I am working . I would like to know how configure this program winroute lite , because I don't know and I didn't find any tutorials for my situation so for just two computers without router connected with cross-over ehternet cable , thank you for any help  Greetings

• kroman_fr
      kroman_fr
      2008-08-05

>> I heard about that software , is it a proxy server which shares the
      >> internet connection on the second computer ? but I couldn't configure it
      >> well because I don't understand how this program works , I didn't
      >> find any tutorials for my situation in computer , I used Microsoft ICS
      >> but when I use it , external ip doesn't want to work , I open their network
      >> connection wizard on windows xp and just check the option that this computer
      >> is directly connected to the internet , other computer in my network
      >> connects to the internet throught this computer , so that computer works
      >> like a server ? and can't be turned off

Don't use ICS (it's very basic), yes your second computer should wordk like a server and can't be turned off.

>> I think I will buy router but I don't to waste my money so I want to choose
      >> some good program which will share my internet connection and which will
      >> give me external ip on the both computers working properly

I think this is the best solution. The performance will be better with a good router and a computer turned on 24/24h consumme more energy than a router.

>> adsl network connection to the Internet with ICS without firewall (that adsl modem) so I am sharing the
      >> internet connection on the second computer without software router or hardware router and just with
      >> cross - over ethernet cable connected to the both network cards in both computer and of course in my
      >> network settings I Have lan network connection on which I am working . I would like to know how configure
      >> this program winroute lite , because I don't know and I didn't find any tutorials for my situation so for
      >> just two computers without router connected with cross-over ehternet cable , thank you for any help Greetings

Try with winroute (not winroute lite). I remember that when I used this sofware, its functions was very restricted