Http problem...

2007-02-17
2013-04-29
  • Pierre Niau
    Pierre Niau
    2007-02-17

When I try to open Http Explorer I only hear the windows' error sound and nothing happens...

I tried to download a fresh copy but still not working.

• kroman_fr
      kroman_fr
      2007-02-17

Strange... Have you tried without your previous xml files (config.xml, history.xml & uploaded.xml)? Did you have this error previously?

• Pierre Niau
      Pierre Niau
      2007-02-17

No, first time. And I changed no files in it. Does it have any registries that are maybe corrupt?

• kroman_fr
      kroman_fr
      2007-02-17

No, Http Explorer don't use registry (except to write boot key if this option is enabled).

Have you installed a new application since you have this error?

I will publish a new release (1.04) in some minutes, try with it.

• Pierre Niau
      Pierre Niau
      2007-02-20

Ìm currently out, im coming back home wednesday. Ill try the new version and see if it works. Thanks

• Pierre Niau
      Pierre Niau
      2007-02-21

Still not working, isn't there an error log?

• Tiotrag
      Tiotrag
      2007-04-11

Hi there, i just download Http Explorer 1.04 on my win98 machine and i get the same error:

After starting hexplorer.exe i get this messagebox: No file language found

I didn't change anything inside the files/folders, all xml languagefiles are there, so whats wrong here?

• Pierre Niau
      Pierre Niau
      2007-04-15

Do you have the lang folder in the same directory as hexplorer.exe?

• Tiotrag
      Tiotrag
      2007-04-16

Hi...
      Yes i have the HEXPLORER.EXE and ther are 4 subfolders also, one with name "lang" inside this, there are 4 language files with suffix XML.

Back to you...

• kroman_fr
      kroman_fr
      2007-04-16

Hi, if you are under windows 98 you must install the last version of 'MSXML' for win98.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&DisplayLang=en