Read Only View

smudgepost
2009-08-11
2013-04-29
  • smudgepost
    smudgepost
    2009-08-11

Hi, I absolutely love this app. I have built many servers in the past but to have such a simple and powerful tool to access files remotely is awesome. I love it!

However, I am struggling to achieve one thing. I am part of an anime club and I have 5TB of storage. We are building a central storage point for our anime (legally shared fansubs). What I'd like to do is allow everyone with the URL to see the stuff on the server, and be able to upload files but NOT to download as the bandwidth won't permit it. I seem to struggle at the logon and access rights and once a person can log in they seem able to do anything. I only want view and upload. Have I done something wrong?

• kroman_fr
      kroman_fr
      2009-08-13

Hi! Thank you for you message and sorry for the delay...

Do you want to limit the download rate to preserve your bandwitch?

Http explorer has no download / upload rate manager for the moment. However, this functionnality should be integrated in future versions.

• smudgepost
      smudgepost
      2009-08-24

No what I'd like to do is be able to let people view the files, and make folders and upload, but not download (well video anyway) due to bandwidth restrictions. Seems difficult to grant a logon that only allows a person to upload?

• kroman_fr
        kroman_fr
        2009-08-25

Have you tried to set the quota named "maximum data downloaded per clients" to 0 (configuration > quota) ?