From: Uwe Hermann <uh1763@he...> - 2001-02-11 16:22:45
Yesterday I released version 0.5.9 of the Holsham Traders server.
* We use autoconf 2.49c and the latest CVS automake now.
* htsserver now requires Glib 1.3.2 or better.
* Rewrite of the networking code, the logging code, configfile support,
the string parsing routine and much more.
* We use htsprotocol 0.4.6 now. There were several changes in the
protocol. See docs/PROTOCOL for details.
* login_timeout and autosave_delay can now be turned off.
* Removed the 'defaultgame' option and the commandline options
--gamename and --creategame.
* Added the commandline options --configfile, --logfile, --datadir and
* Lots of documentation updates. Added the manpage htsserver.conf(5).
* More verbosive and more descriptive error reports.
* Removed some arbitrary limits, e.g. the length of the
logging-messages is not limited anymore.
* Removed the commandline options --daemonize and --stderr-device.
You cannot log to stderr anymore. htsserver always runs as daemon,
* Removed savegame support. This will be re-implemented. Savegame files
will either be ASCII files or XML files.
* Added configure options --with-configfile=FILE, --with-logfile=FILE,
--with-datadir=DIR and --with-savegamesdir=DIR to make the game more
* htsserver is FHS compliant, now.
* Fixed several format string vulnerabilities.
* Lots and lots of internal improvements and of course the usual
Get htsserver it from:
Get nhtsclient 0.5.9 from http://nhtsclient.sourceforge.net.
This is a ncurses Holsham Traders client which you can use to actually
play the game.
Uwe Hermann <uh1763@...>