Help
Manjunatha
2004-12-14
2013-06-04
  • Manjunatha
    Manjunatha
    2004-12-14

Hi,

I am a newbie to the world of fo.I want to convert html to XSL-fo in my dotnet application.I am using NFop to convert fo to pdf.
    I have downloaded the latest html2fo.exe. How do I call html2fo? What arguements does it take?

I tried html2fo.exe,input.html,output.fo ,it does not throw error but doesnot create the .fo file.

Can somebody help me.

Thanks

Manju

• Hello Manju,

in general a commandline doesn't take commas as parameter delimiters - only use a single space. if you want to set a path with spaces in you have to use (including the "'s) "c:\Path with space\to\file name with space.html" for examle.
      "html2fo.exe input.html output.fo" should be a correct command line for your case.
      I think it would be interesting for you to use the stdin and -out mode for html to fo processing. The command line "html2fo.exe - -" reads from stdin and writes to stdout.
      if you simply call html2fo (from the command line) you will get a usage description with additional parameters.

Regards

Enrico

• Manjunatha
      Manjunatha
      2004-12-15

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for your guidence.I was able to run this.

Still I have couple of issues.

1.The output .fo generated from the tool has encoding as "ISO-8859-1".Can this be changed to Utf-8,as NFOP Is working fine with latter but not with former.

2. The .fo generated by the tool using ASP.Net is appended with "\ASPNET\LO" at the end of the file.
      But the files generated through Command prompt doesnot have this.

Please help me with this.

Thanks & Regards

Manju

Example:
      <fo:block space-before.optimum="1.5pt" space-after.optimum="1.5pt" keep-together="always" id="LastPage" line-height="1pt" font-size="1pt"></fo:block></fo:block></fo:flow></fo:page-sequence></fo:root>\ASPNET\LO