Howdy!

 

After several go-rounds of testing, I believe I have found a small quirk worth noting, but doesn't necessarily need fixing.  If you use the <!- tmpl-foo à syntax for your tags, it works fine until you go to include a template.  Than you get the following error message for only changing the tag format:

 

### HTML::Template Debug ### In _parse:
### HTML::Template Debug ### wa_main2.tmpl : line 10 : parsed VAR fname
### HTML::Template Debug ### wa_main2.tmpl : line 14 : INCLUDE wa_footer2.tmpl 
### HTML::Template Debug ### wa_footer2.tmpl : line 5 : parsed VAR fname
HTML::Template::Expr->new() : Error creating HTML::Template object : HTML::Template->new() : Syntax error in  tag at wa_footer2.tmpl : 11. at C:\Perl\site\lib/HTML/Template.pm line 2143.
 at D:\InetPub\GHCexe\wa_testfile2.pl line 8
 
The line it's failing on looks like this:
                                <!- TMPL_IF EXPR="lc(FNAME) eq lc('/GHCExe/wa_testfile2.pl')" à
 
If you take the "!-" and "-" portions out of the tags; it works just great.

 

I just spent over four hours trying to get what I thought I could knock out the code in 20 minutes, only to discover was the "!-" added to the tags was causing the errors.  I only use this syntax to alert our designer "Don't touch or you're dead!" type friendly warning! ;>\

 

Just thought I'd let you know - Jeff.