STATUS of ht://Dig branch 3-2-x
3.2.0b5: Next release, tentatively 1 Dec 2002.
3.2.0b4: "In progress" -- snapshots called "3.2.0b4" until prerelease.
3.2.0b3: Released: 22 Feb 2001.
3.2.0b2: Released: 11 Apr 2000.
3.2.0b1: Released: 4 Feb 2000.
(Please note that everything added here should have a tracker PR# so
we can be sure they're fixed. Geoff is currently trying add PR#s for
what's currently here.)
* Mifluz database errors are a severe problem (PR#428295)
-- Does Neal's new zlib patch solve this for now?
* Odd behavior with $(MODIFIED) and scores not working with
wordlist_compress set but work fine without wordlist_compress.
(the date is definitely stored correctly, even with compression on
so this must be some sort of weird htsearch bug) PR#618737.
* Not all htsearch input parameters are handled properly: PR#405278. Use a
consistant mapping of input -> config -> template for all inputs where
it makes sense to do so (everything but "config" and "words"?).
* META descriptions are somehow added to the database as FLAG_TITLE,
not FLAG_DESCRIPTION. (PR#618738)
PENDING PATCHES (available but need work):
* Additional support for Win32.
* Memory improvements to htmerge. (Backed out b/c htword API changed.)
* Mifluz merge.
* Field-restricted searching. (e.g. PR#460833)
* Return all URLs. (PR#618743)
* Handle noindex_start & noindex_end as string lists.
* Quim's new htsearch/qtest query parser framework.
* File/Database locking. PR#405764.
* httools programs:
(htload a test file, check a few characteristics, htdump and compare)
* Turn on URL parser test as part of test suite.
* htsearch phrase support tests
* Tests for new config file parser
* Duplicate document detection while indexing
* Major revisions to ExternalParser.cc, including fork/exec instead of popen,
argument handling for parser/converter, allowing binary output from an
* ExternalTransport needs testing of changes similar to ExternalParser.
* List of supported platforms/compilers is ancient. (PR#405279)
* Add thorough documentation on htsearch restrict/exclude behavior
(including '|' and regex).
* Document all of htsearch's mappings of input parameters to config attributes
to template variables. (Relates to PR#405278.)
Should we make sure these config attributes are all documented in
defaults.cc, even if they're only set by input parameters and never
in the config file?
* Split attrs.html into categories for faster loading.
* Turn defaults.cc into an XML file for generating documentation and
* require.html is not updated to list new features and disk space
requirements of 3.2.x (e.g. phrase searching, regex matching,
external parsers and transport methods, database compression.)
PRs# 405280 #405281.
* TODO.html has not been updated for current TODO list and
* Htfuzzy could use more documentation on what each fuzzy algorithm
* Document the list of all installed files and default
* Can htsearch actually search while an index is being created?
* The code needs a security audit, esp. htsearch. PR#405765.