For users of doc2html.pl & pdftotext...
--- begin forwarded message from Derek B. Noonburg ---
Date: 24 Mar 2003 19:58:01 -0000
From: "Derek B. Noonburg" <derekn@...>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Xpdf 2.02 - a PDF viewer for X
Glyph & Cog, LLC is pleased to announce a new version of Xpdf, the
open source Portable Document Format (PDF) viewer for X. The Xpdf
project also includes a PDF text extractor, PDF-to-PostScript
converter, and various other utilities.
Xpdf runs under the X Window System on Unix, VMS, and OS/2. The non-X
components (pdftops, pdftotext, etc.) also run on Win32 systems and
should run on pretty much any system with a decent C++ compiler.
* Rewrote the text extractor code that assembles words into lines to
better handle vertically overlapping lines.
* Add the "match" option for paper size (in PostScript output).
* Added support for external 16-bit TrueType fonts; added the
displayCIDFontTT and displayNamedCIDFontTT commands to the xpdfrc
* Added an Arabic language support package.
* Added the Windows-1255 encoding to the Hebrew language package.
See the `CHANGES' file for a complete list of changes.
Source (C++ and C) is available, and it should be fairly easy to
compile for UNIX, VMS, OS/2, and Win32.
More information, source code, and precompiled binaries are on the
xpdf web page and ftp site:
For information on commercial licensing and consulting, please see the
Glyph & Cog web site:
--- end forwarded message from Derek B. Noonburg ---