--- begin forwarded message from derekn@... ---
Date: 6 Dec 2002 18:43:01 -0000
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Xpdf 2.01 - a PDF viewer for X
Glyph & Cog, LLC is pleased to announce a new version of Xpdf, the
open source Portable Document Format (PDF) viewer for X. The Xpdf
project also includes a PDF text extractor, PDF-to-PostScript
converter, and various other utilities.
Xpdf runs under the X Window System on Unix, VMS, and OS/2. The non-X
components (pdftops, pdftotext, etc.) also run on Win32 systems and
should run on pretty much any system with a decent C++ compiler.
* Redesigned the text extraction process:
- process the text into "reading order"
- added a "-layout" flag to pdftotext to switch back to the old
style, where physical layout is maintained
- use of the "-raw" flag is no longer recommended
* Added the -reload option for xpdf (in remote mode).
* Added support for external CID fonts; added the displayCIDFontT1 and
displayNamedCIDFontT1 commands to the xpdfrc file.
See the `CHANGES' file for a complete list of changes.
Source (C++ and C) is available, and it should be fairly easy to
compile for UNIX, VMS, OS/2, and Win32.
More information, source code, and precompiled binaries are on the
xpdf web page and ftp site:
For information on commercial licensing and consulting, please see the
Glyph & Cog web site:
--- end forwarded message from derekn@... ---
Gilles R. Detillieux E-mail: <grdetil@...>
Spinal Cord Research Centre WWW: http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/
Dept. Physiology, U. of Manitoba Winnipeg, MB R3E 3J7 (Canada)