#97 htfuzzy dumps core

cannot reproduce
closed-works-for-me
htfuzzy (8)
5
2002-01-03
2001-12-28
No

Ciao,

I am trying to test ht://Dig 3.1.x (with the current
CVS rep) with the italian dictionaries. When trying to
run 'htfuzzy endings' I got this error. I tried to
track it down, but I think it has something to do with
the Berkeley DB code (put function).

I have used the italian dictionaries for ISpell and
set the endings affix and dictionary configuration
attributes. However, it dumps a core even with the
default files in english.

Anyway here is the backtrace. I hope you could
understand more. I have playing with the debug for
hours, without coming to anything.

My system characteristics are: Linux Kernel 2.4.2-2,
gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-81).

Thanks a lot!
Ciao
-Gabriele

(gdb) backtrace
#0 0x08073573 in __bam_cmp () at
../../htdig/htlib/StringMatch.cc:567
#1 0x0807a45c in __bam_search () at
../../htdig/htlib/StringMatch.cc:567
#2 0x080758a6 in __bam_c_search () at
../../htdig/htlib/StringMatch.cc:567
#3 0x08074b45 in __bam_c_put () at
../../htdig/htlib/StringMatch.cc:567
#4 0x0805b1b4 in __db_put () at
../../htdig/htlib/StringMatch.cc:567
#5 0x08050079 in DB2_db::Put (this=0x809d2c0,
key=@0xbffff3f0,
data=@0xbffff400) at ../../htdig/htlib/DB2_db.cc:337
#6 0x0804ac44 in Endings::createRoot (this=0x80916c8,
rules=@0xbffff890,
word2root=0x8096970 "/tmp/word2root.db",
root2word=0x8096998 "/tmp/root2word.db",
dictFile=0x8097f20
"/opt/htdig-3.1-dev/web/common/it/ispell/italian.words")
at ../../htdig/htfuzzy/EndingsDB.cc:185
#7 0x0804a562 in Endings::createDB (this=0x80916c8,
config=@0x80910e0)
at ../../htdig/htlib/htString.h:44
#8 0x0804d588 in main (ac=2, av=0xbffffa1c)
at ../../htdig/htfuzzy/htfuzzy.cc:230
#9 0x400b8177 in __libc_start_main (main=0x804cff8
<main>, argc=2,
ubp_av=0xbffffa1c, init=0x8049820 <_init>,
fini=0x80851d8 <_fini>,
rtld_fini=0x4000e184 <_dl_fini>, stack_end=0xbffffa0c)
at ../sysdeps/generic/libc-start.c:129

Discussion

  • Logged In: YES
    user_id=149687

    Well, obviously we haven't been able to reproduce the
    problem on our systems. If it's failing with the standard
    english.0 and english.aff files, there's definitely
    something very wrong with your system.

    I'd recommend you check the Red Hat errata for 7.1 and make
    sure you install all the recommended update RPMS for it -
    especially any compiler or library updates, as it would seem
    there's likely a problem there.

    Also note that in Red Hat 7.x, the KDE packages use htdig
    3.2.0b3 for indexing the KDE docs, so make sure you're not
    running into some sort of conflict between 3.1 & 3.2
    databases.

    If none of this resolves the problem, please get back to us
    with info about a simple test case that we can try on other
    Red Hat systems to see if we can somehow get to the bottom
    of this.

     
    • milestone: --> cannot reproduce
    • assigned_to: nobody --> grdetil
    • status: open --> closed-works-for-me