Menu

Submit enhancements and bugs

quaddity
2006-06-26
2013-04-19
  • quaddity

quaddity - 2006-06-26

I saw a lot of suggestions for improvements on heroscapers.com.  Submit them on here so we can start looking into them.

• barefootcoder

barefootcoder - 2006-06-26

Okay, how do you want them?  Separate message for each idea?  All together under this topic?

I'll just give my initial impressions while waiting for your reply.

I installed it on my crappy old Windows laptop (all my good machines run Linux ;-> ) and it's dog slow.  I mean, just typing in text it takes about two seconds per character to respond to the keyboard.  Perhaps some misconfiguration on my end.  I'll see if I can dig up another Windows box to try it on.

Adding a race to the race list didn't seem to add it to the Race dropdown.

It would be cool if we could get the blood-splortchy life circle instead of just a plain red circle.

That's all I've noticed so far.  Great job overall!

barefootcoder (xotli on heroscapers.com)

• quaddity

quaddity - 2006-06-27

Use the feature requests and bugs links at the top of the page. 

To speed up the program you can click off the auto render card.  That way it won't try to render the card for each character you type.  Then click Refresh card when you are ready to render it.

So the race not being added to the drop down you would want to put it in as a bug.  A graphic enhancement like a bloody life circle would be put in as a feature request.

• barefootcoder

barefootcoder - 2006-07-02

> To speed up the program you can click off the auto render card.

Ah, brilliant!  That makes a _huge_ difference.

> Then click Refresh card when you are ready to render it.

Yeah, that doesn't work so well for me.  I'll enter a bug.

> So the race not being added to the drop down you would want to put it in as a bug.

It wasn't quite the bug I thought it was, but I'll add it in there.

> A graphic enhancement like a bloody life circle would be put in as a feature request.

Actually I think what I'm really trying to do is replace the default templates.  I've heard people say they've done that before, so I know it must be possible, but I'm not sure how to go about it myself.

• Regai

Regai - 2006-07-03

> Actually I think what I'm really trying to do is replace the default templates. I've heard people say they've done that before, so I know it must be possible, but I'm not sure how to go about it myself.

Hopefully we will have some documentation on how to do that soon.  For now go to the faction manager and play around, you'll find an option there to load a new template image.  You can find templates on Heroscapers.com

• carter

carter - 2008-09-02

DUDE!! Why would you change it?!?! I just made a squad of 12 Kyrie Snipers that would RULE!!!!! 1 Life, 9 Move, 9 Range, 5 Attack, 3 Defense, Double Attack & Squad Targeting....ONLY 165 POINTS!!! Why would you change it?!?! COME ON!! YES!!!!!

• carter

carter - 2008-09-02

I got so excited about that squad, I forgot the last ability......FLYING!!!!!! THEY WILL RULE!!!!!!!