problem compiling testtool

Help!
2005-02-18
2013-04-09
  • hi

when i compile testtool, when it links the differnets .o files it doesnt find the libusb functions

niash_libusb.o(.text+0xe): In function `NiashLibUsbInit':
    /home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:52: undefined reference to `usb_init'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x13):/home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:53: undefined reference to `usb_find_busses'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x18):/home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:54: undefined reference to `usb_find_devices'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x1d):/home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:55: undefined reference to `usb_busses'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0xe9): In function `NiashLibUsbOpen':
    /home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:89: undefined reference to `usb_find_busses'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0xee):/home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:90: undefined reference to `usb_find_devices'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0xf3):/home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:91: undefined reference to `usb_busses'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x164):/home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:102: undefined reference to `usb_open'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x17a):/home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:103: undefined reference to `usb_claim_interface'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x19e):/home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:106: undefined reference to `usb_close'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x240): In function `NiashLibUsbExit':
    /home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:135: undefined reference to `usb_release_interface'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x26b):/home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:140: undefined reference to `usb_close'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x2e3): In function `_LibUsbReadControl':
    /home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:159: undefined reference to `usb_control_msg'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x35b): In function `_LibUsbWriteControl':
    /home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:179: undefined reference to `usb_control_msg'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x452): In function `NiashLibUsbWriteBulk':
    /home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:214: undefined reference to `usb_bulk_write'
    niash_libusb.o(.text+0x509): In function `NiashLibUsbReadBulk':
    /home/jose/backend/niash_libusb.c:242: undefined reference to `usb_bulk_read'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

i tried manually : gcc -L/usr/lib  -lm  -lusb -o testtool  niash_core.o niash_libusb.o testtool_xfer.o main.o

but same error , and when i do libusb-config --libs it returns /usr/lib/
    what do i have to do ??

thanks for your answers

jm

• Please supply more information:
        - Distribution name and version;
        - LibUSB version;

• I have the same problem and mi distribution its gentoo kernel 2.6.9 and libusb 0.1.8

• ok i have a gentoo (kernel 2.6) and libusb-config --version give me 0.1.8

(the anonymous guy who has post the first message ;)

• i have got a gentoo with kernel 2.6 and libusb --version give me  0.1.8

jm

• Hi,

Silly question...

Why don't you try the whole sane backends, they work!.

Before we try to fiddle around with this testtool, which was really helpfull in the alpha phase of this project,

invoke as root 

./configure --prefix=/usr \ --sysconfdir=/etc \ --mandir=/usr/share/man \ --infodir=/usr/share/info \ && make\ && make install

with the untarred sane-backeneds-1.0.15
      and uncomment

#niash

in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

I guess the sane lib-usb interfacing can handle libusb better, hopefully

The effort is not much bigger, but the outcome is for sure more valuable and useful

Regards

Ullrich