Menu

support for folders

Help
Tom Atoe
2005-05-06
2013-04-08
  • Tom Atoe

Tom Atoe - 2005-05-06

I've got a couple of folders set up in my hotmail account where I sort my email out. It would be great if this program can do that.

• David Smith

David Smith - 2005-05-07

You can create separate accounts in your mail reader for each folder and use POP:

http://hotwayd.sourceforge.net/e107_plugins/faq/faq.php?cat.5

Or if you want to do some coding...

I haven't been working on the code for a while now because I've had no time. But the IMAP support is pretty much done - I was just having some problems with Thunderbird recognising the unique message numbers. If anyone wants to take a look and see if I am using too big numbers that would be great...

• Tom Atoe

Tom Atoe - 2005-05-08

Sorry, I worded my request incorrectly. I sort my emails that come from mailing lists into folders at hotmail. Right now, it seems to me that this program can only download emails from the inbox, and not from any other folder. It would be great if this program could download those emails from other the folders.

• David Smith

David Smith - 2005-05-08

You can download any folder you like. Just use the format for login name as given by the FAQ I posed previously.

For each folder you want to download you need to make a new "mail account" in your mail reader. This is because there is no native support for folders in POP3. That's one of the reasons why IMAP was made.

Native support for folders via IMAP is not quite ready yet in the current version of hotwayd, but it will come eventually..