Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Paid work around Hotsmtpd

2008-11-18
2013-04-08
  • Hi,

I'm looking for someone to port Hotsmtpd to Java. That is i want to use it as an API to send messages to Hotmail. This work would be paid (really this is a bounty). Ideally it would be a complete rewrite.

Alternaley, a java wraper around the existing Hotsmtp library would also work.

Thanks for your interest.

Greg.

• R.J.V. Bertin
      R.J.V. Bertin
      2008-11-18

You must be aware that the hotmail WebDAV protocol that hotwayd taps into has a rather uncertain future. I haven't been involved with hotsmtp at all, but it seems reasonable to suspect that hotwayd and hotsmtpd will cease to function at the same time when Microsoft pulls the plug.

Have you taken this into account?

• R.J.V. Bertin
      R.J.V. Bertin
      2008-11-18

PS: to be very pedantic, do you really mean send messages TO hotmail, or do you in fact intend to "send email using Hotmail's servers", which is what hotsmtpd does?

• OK, in fact i mean send emails using Hotmail as SMTP Server not send emails to Hotmail. As far they pulling the plug is concerned,  i hope they won't do that in the next thee months or so.  I guess i would need to find another solution by then. I understand that this is a "as we go" solution.

Greg.

• R.J.V. Bertin
        R.J.V. Bertin
        2008-11-18

OK, I think that clarifies everything enough for potential candidates :)