Menu

urgent help

Help
2007-01-23
2013-04-16
  • Nobody/Anonymous

where do i need to define the connection properties ?
    i can't view anything when i open the index.php in web ?
    please help..

• Kenyan Coder

Kenyan Coder - 2007-03-29

The connection properties should be in the queryfunctions.php.  Here you can set the host, database, username, password for making a connection.

• snehal shinde

snehal shinde - 2008-01-28

If i m using mysql server on my local machine.My database name is hotelmis.then what values i have to transfer for connection setting.what is value for port?how it is passed?pls,give syntax,& which files i have to modified pls tell me.

• Kenyan Coder

Kenyan Coder - 2008-01-28

At the bottom of the queryfunctions.php file we have something that looks like this:

<?php
            define("HOST", "localhost");
            define("PORT", 3306);
            define("USER", "root");
            define("PASS", "sa");
            define("DB", "hotelmis");
            define("HOST_URL","http://localhost/hotelmis/")
        ?>

This are defined values you replace with actual settings of your database.

You will realize in most pages where i want to access the database i use some code like:

$conn=db_connect(HOST,USER,PASS,DB,PORT);

and save the connection to a variable called $conn, that's all is needed

• gmoni

gmoni - 2008-08-03

There seems to be an issue the the functions.php script. I uploaded the files, created the database and got this same problem. I don't know if people who tried this software gave up, but when I comment out the include functions.php in the index.php script, I get the login page but nothing much else.
      If you got this software working I would like to here from you. Until then, I'll continue hacking away.