Minute ago I finished tests of IoServer and performance is at least very good. One measurement is fetched in 4.3ms on 1GHz terminal (and 9% cpu usage), and this speed is equal as in 2.3GHz dual core cpu. Test from many clients went also without errors.
Some time ago HomeIO went back to ruby 1.8.7 due to xml parsers, encoding, and very serious problems with xmpp gems.
Some day ago I started rails app, and it's in repo now.
Today I'm rewriting, documenting, and writing spec and my ideas.
You should be able to run it :]
After finish refactoring HomeIO will use theese storage engines: raw metars, csv-like weather, csv-like measurements, and customizable active record (version 3) for maximum portability.
All engines can be disabled in configuration file, and active record can use all major dbs.
At this moment I'm refactoring most of application code, and rewrite some parts of it. I'll post info after finish.
Now HomeIO should be ruby 1.9.1 ready for better performance.