Port to C# (In porgress)

Developers
2014-02-20
2014-05-04
  • William Cossey
    William Cossey
    2014-02-20

Hey Loucif,

I came across the source code for HiJackThis a few days ago.

I noticed that there has been no changes to the code for about 9 months, are you still actively developing it?

Since I came across the source I started porting it to C# (based on .NET framework 4), I must say things are progressing nicely at the moment (there's a lot to do).

The code is (just about) an exact port of the original (a few minor changes here and there), so as to keep the detection identical (once completed I'll start fleshing it out and add additional functionality).

The port I'm working on is based on a modular concept, this means that the detection libraries are written as Add-In's (.dll's), so anyone that has the Add-In development kit can write their own (either in C# or VB.NET), thus extending the applications life-cycle.

The more the (developer) community contributes to Add-In's the more the community would benefit from HiJackThis.Net.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
    William.

• I'm interested to see how this is going ahead. I was working on a port last year also but never got around to complete it. If you have something to test/share in the meantime i could help you with it.... Let me know if you need help!

Last edit: Mark van Tilburg 2014-02-21
  • William Cossey
    William Cossey
    2014-02-22

Hi Mark,

I'd really appreciate your help, I'll send you something to test during next week, things are crazy at work here so my hands are a bit tied at the moment.

As I said in the first message, I have only added routines for detection (almost identical to that of the original HJT app), nothing to fix/remove the issues/results as of yet.

Also, if you dev in C#/VB.NET let me know and I'll pass along the files so that you can make your own Add-In(s), I have create a few visual studio templates to help you get started.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    William.

• Darren Rose
    Darren Rose
    2014-03-17

Hi William

I would also be interested in testing your ported version, and playing about with the source code so I can try and make some add-ins for it - been using hijack this for year and it is a shame it hasn't been updated for so long now

• Thanks guys for keeping this discussion up. Sorry my late reply, things have been hectic over here.

Indeed, porting the code to something more stable and powerful than VB6 is a good idea, and I hope this will make more people interested and involved into this project.

• Franck D.
    Franck D.
    2014-05-04

Hi William

I would also be interested in testing your ported version and help us with this adventure.
    I'm already on discuss with Loucif just since some month and I'm sure that we do somethings very well, so let me where we are and it's possible to have our already code for dont't loose time to do again on the old code. It's possible.
    Let me know if I help you and Best regards.
    Franck.