Menu

Using HexBox control in another app

Help
Tom Way
2012-11-14
2013-04-30
  • Tom Way

Tom Way - 2012-11-14

I'm having trouble figuring out the right way to make use of the HexBox control in a tabbed viewer app I am (really my undergrad students are) creating.

I have a tabbed panel and am attempting to add an instance of the HexBox class to the .Controls.

One tab has an image and there panel (hopefully) will have the hex viewer.

Forgive me if this is vaguely stated. This is new territory for me. I happy to provide more detail if needed.

• Bernhard Elbl

Bernhard Elbl - 2012-11-15

I'm sorry, I need more information to be able to help you. Maybe the best way would be attaching code here.

It should be no problem to add the hexbox to a panel. You can also try to create that with the designer and copy the code from there.

• Tom Way

Tom Way - 2012-11-15

Thanks so much for the reply, which pointed me towards the answer.

I was trying to add a HexBox programmatically, and for some reason it was not working.

When I dragged it over from the Toolbox, it worked immediately. I set a few of the display-related properties, and voila! I'm using it in read-only mode as a viewer… no editing for the simple application we are developing.

I have to say… your HexBox control is so outstanding! It has been fun trying various settings and tinkering with it! Thank you so much!