Problem watching two queues with same name

Help
2004-08-19
2004-08-25
  • Del Simmons
    Del Simmons
    2004-08-19

Hey guys,

I have a config that involves two instances of Weblogic running that both have queues with the same name. I'm trying to watch both of them but am getting strange results. It seems that the watch system uses the queue name as a unique id and in my case, the names are not unique. Any thoughts on how to resolve that?

Del

• Del Simmons
      Del Simmons
      2004-08-19

Anyone who wants to help me dig into this can see my config on the previous post..

Del

• Colin Crist
        Colin Crist
        2004-08-20

Hi,

This should be ok - they're uniquely keyed on session id and destination name. Send me your hermes.log after a test with with the hermes logger on debug (see log4j.props).

1.7 is out end of this month, i've just tested that and its fine for two queues of the same name on different sessions.

Colin.

• Del Simmons
      Del Simmons
      2004-08-20

Thanks, Colin.

I should know better than to maker posts when I'm so new to a app. I think it had more to do with my confusion of the watch groups than anything else.

Thanks for such a awesome tool. You've made my life much easier!

Del

• Colin Crist
      Colin Crist
      2004-08-25

Oddly enuf (hey, all s/w has bugs!) there is a problem here that you may have seen - duplicate watch names can be an issue in 1.6.

Watch this space, 1.7 is round the corner...

Thanks for the feedback.

Colin.