Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Streamline Drop Down Menus

emmyjustin
2010-08-16
2013-05-23
  • emmyjustin
    emmyjustin
    2010-08-16

I am finally ready to give up on Weatherpop and I found your application which works great.  I would like to suggest that fewer menus are used and more information is supplied on 1 menu.  I think this was a suggestion way back in 2004 ….  not sure what came of the idea but I feel it would be a great improvement.  All the info I'm looking for is there, however, it would be great to click on the Meterologist icon in my menu bar and get current conditions and radar image without making another click.  Additional drop down menus would be appropriate for future days and to check conditions at other cities.  I would love to see ALL information for the current day on 1 menu.  Thanks for your work.

• EdwardD20
    EdwardD20
    2010-08-16

I'm not sitting in front my Mac, but there is an option to display the current information directly, not as a sub-menu. (I use that option.) The only think NOT in the drop down is the radar.

• emmyjustin
    emmyjustin
    2010-08-16

Thanks for the info.  I made sure the sub-menu preferences weren't checked.  You still have to click on the icon, click on current conditions or on todays date and then click again to get the radar image.  I just think it would be much sleeker if all that info could be on 1 menu and only 1 click.

• mspace
    mspace
    2010-08-16

Hmmm . . . while I would still have to click one more time for the radar image, everything I want is in my dropdown menu.  You can set is up this way in prefs/city/edit/weather items.

• EdwardD20
    EdwardD20
    2010-08-19

Actually the radar isn't a mouse click for me. Just drag over the Radar Image menu and it displays.