A Great Weather Site!

Vito
2010-07-14
2013-05-23
  • Vito
    Vito
    2010-07-14

I see that there is an earlier thread from more than 5 years ago—Weather Servers (Revisited)—requesting the ability to use other servers besides the ever-changeable Weather.com. For my part, I would love to have Meteo link to http://www.accuweather.com/. I can't speak for Accuweather's accuracy in other locations, but for my location they're superior to Weather.com.

I realize that the ability to specify multiple weather servers is a feature that's planned for Meteo v2.0, and I admit complete ignorance as to the potential compatibility of Accuweather's site with Meteo. But just in case it will work, that's my vote. As far as I can tell, the configuration of Accuweather's site is a great deal more stable than Weather.com.

Vito

• EdwardD20
    EdwardD20
    2010-07-14

Supporting more than just weather.com (a great idea to support multiple locations) is a matter of writing the code 5 times, once for each location. Not exactly, but close.

Joe Cro started to rewrite Meteo (version 2.0) to better support multiple sites but it never made it to fruition.

A great idea but a lot of work to make it happen.