Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Refresh sometimes not working after no WiFi

Help
2012-04-10
2013-07-16
  • -Subscription-
    -Subscription-
    2012-04-10

Sometimes the program won't stop refreshing when there is no WiFi signal.

How to reproduce:
    1. Start your MacBook at home or any other place where you got a stable WiFi connection
    2. Close your laptop
    3. Go to a place with no WiFi (or just turn it off from your router)
    4. Wait until the program wants to refresh or refresh manually

Result:
    It wants to refresh but is ending in an infinite loop.

Testing system:
    MacBook Pro late 2008, Snow Leopard 10.6.8

• Anonymous
    2012-05-11

First, thanks very much… this is a great app. When WeatherDock went dark, I was glad to find this program. It's very well done.

As for this endless-loop refresh, I'm wondering if this might be what's happening to me too. The icon looks normal (right now, clouds) after startup. But it soon goes into a "loading" loop and gets stuck. Maybe my wifi is dropping and Meteo can't reconnect, even after wifi comes back up?

I seem to continue to get the city and temp. info, but not the icon… unless I quit Meteo and restart it again.

Thoughts?

• Joel Waxman
    Joel Waxman
    2013-01-05

I am having the same problem, but mine is on an iMac with both Ethernet and WiFi.  I think it has to do with Mountain Lion putting the Internet to sleep. Extended forcast never updates. If I close the app then restart it works again.

• Cow
    Cow
    2013-01-07

It's not just Mountain Lion, it's happening with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 here as well.

• This has actually been a long-standing issue for me over several OS and Meteorologist versions. I often find I'm no longer getting updates, and the weather icon has stalled at the "updating" icon. Quitting and relaunching does "fix" it, but I'd love if this bug could be fixed once and for all.

• Michael
    Michael
    2013-07-16

I agree this has been a long standing issue. It occurs about every two or three days for me.