Menu

Dock indicator

Help
2006-03-15
2013-05-23
  • Glenn  Emond

Glenn Emond - 2006-03-15

Metrorologist is the only program that I have in my dock that neither bounces on launch or shows the black triangle that indicates, at least on all other programs that I have open, that it's running. Preferences don't seem to indicate anything that I'm not doing to correct this. Piddling complaint I know, but one that has me in a quandry.

• MVD2033

MVD2033 - 2013-03-28

7 years later and it still never bounces or shows a dot next to it's icon on the Dock when it's running. 4 finger swipe on my MBP running OS X 10.6.8 doesn't show Meteorologist on the list of running apps too.

Sorry to revive an old thread but, since I have the same complaint as glennemond…..

• EdwardD20

EdwardD20 - 2013-03-28

I'm on 10.8.3, running Meteo 1.6.1. I normally don't have Meteo in the dock but I just put it there and there is a white dot indicating it's running. I don't have and 4 finger swipes setup so I'm not sure what list of running apps you are referring to. If I do Force Quit to see what's running, I see Meteo.

Need more information to what you're seeing.

Ed

• MVD2033

MVD2033 - 2013-04-27

Ed,
    I just got a Mac Mini running OS X 10.8.3 and still there is no white dot under Meteorologist even though it is running. The list of running apps I was referring to were the ones that were on/running on my MBP. The Force Quit window doesn't list Meteorologist on there too.

• MVD2033

MVD2033 - 2013-05-03

I see where I was going wrong here. Either the "Dock" or "Both" option must be chosen in Meteorologist's Preferences > Updating > Display Location. Choosing just the Menubar option won't bounce or show a dot under Meteorologist's Dock icon.